RE: Re: [Sab] document() function

Thanks for the comment. I certainly agree with you that there are usability
problems with the spec as it stands, as well as interoperability problems. I
think it's likely that before XPath 2.0 is finished, we will be able to
agree some kind of simple exception handling mechanism (it's needed for
example so that you can do something if a cast of a string to a date fails),
and I hope it will then be possible to use that to trap errors in retrieving
(or parsing) the document referenced with the document() function.

Mike Kay