RE: Stripping comments and processing instructions

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:03:38 +0100
To: "'Jeni Tennison'" <jeni@jenitennison.com>, xsl-editors@w3.org
Thanks for the comment. I think the extra flags in the data model were put
there largely to satisfy the rule that processing instructions and comments
are ignored in a stylesheet; I don't think there has been any pressure to
allow these flags to be set for source documents, though I'm sure someone
would find a use for it. I hope we can avoid adding too much complexity in
this area as the whitespace stripping rules already create enough problems!

Mike Kay