Re: XSL sort

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:29:42 +0100
To: "Kevin O'Riordan" <koriordan99@hotmail.com>
Cc: xsl-editors@w3.org
"Kevin O'Riordan" <koriordan99@hotmail.com> writes:

> In my view, it is unintuitive and confusing to have the
> 'sort' instruction at this level when it really pertains to the whole
> iteration. I think a syntax like this makes more intuitive sense.
>

> <xsl:for-each select="catalog/cd" sort="artist">

A similar solution had been suggested in the WG around 1998. The
problem is that you need a whole bunch of attributes for each sort key
(data type, ascending/descending, upper/lower case) and there wouldn't
be an easy way to specify some or all them for each sort key as
attributes of the same element.

Max.