RE: xslt2.0 feature request

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:22:21 -0500
To: DPawson@rnib.org.uk, xsl-editors@w3.org
At 3:03 PM +0000 1/3/02, DPawson@rnib.org.uk wrote:

>In which case, where there are no ns declared in the source document,
>they are output with
><el xmlns="">

No, that's not what happens at all. If you declare a namespace that
applies to literal result elements in the stylesheet, then these
elements are output with the appropriate namespace in the transformed
document. If you don't declare such a namespace, i.e. if literal
result elements are not in any namespace, then the they won't be in
any namespace in the transformed document. I don't know of any XSLT
processors that would bother with xmlns="" for elements not in any
namespace unless it were necessary (i.e. redeclaring the default
namespace) but I suppose it's possible. However, it's not relevant to
the meaning of the document.

Maybe I misunderstanding you. Can you provide a complete simple
example including an input XML document, a stylesheet, the output
document you actually get from a 1.0 processor, and the output you
want?