Call for Review: Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) Version 1.0

From: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:11:50 -0400
To: <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>, <xsl-editors@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-archive@w3.org>

REVIEW FORM BEGINS
I, W3C Advisory Committee Representative:

#1 Given Name: Murray
#2 Family Name: Maloney
#3 Email Address: murray@muzmo.com
as representative for
#4 W3C Member: Commerce One

review the "XSL 1.0" Proposed Recommendation:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xsl-20010828/ as follows:
-----------------

1) As representative of the above company, I suggest that XSL 1.0:
#1A [X ] be published as a W3C Recommendation as is or with
        insubstantial changes suggested by others

2) My organization (mark only one with X):
#2B [X ] expects to produce products conforming to XSL 1.0 Recomendation

3) Intellectual Property Rights (mark one only with X):
#3A [X] To the best of my knowledge, my organization does not have
        patents which form essential technology for implementing the
        "XSL 1.0" specification.

4) Detailed Comments, Reasons, or Modifications:

The web community has been awaiting an industrial strength style
language for too long. XSL 1.0 has been quite thoroughly and
rigorously tested and found to be highly useful for a variety of
purposes and modalities. I encourage my fellow AC members to vote
in favor of its adoption as a W3C Recommendation without delay.

5) Expected implementation schedules:

No comments

6) Disclosure of Review response:
#6A [X] My organization is willing to share its review with W3C Membership.

REVIEW FORM ENDS