Continuation in XSL

From: David S. Dixon <ddixon@leastsquares.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:41:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Greetings,

I'm working with apache's FOP XSL implementation and have encountered a
problem with my understanding of the XSL standard.

Requirement: if text in a table cell is continued to the next page, the
text "continued on next page" is
to be printed at the bottom of the cell.

I can find no way, within the XSL specification, to do something like
this.  The closest is the "table-omit-footer-at-break" property, which
is the effective inverse of what I need -- "table-omit-footer-at-end"
would allow me to specify "continued on next page" as the footer, for
example.

Am I missing something in XSL or is this something that just can't be
done?

Thanks,

-dd