RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 Grouping Use Cases

From: <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:30:41 -0000
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Cc: xsl-editors@w3.org

Steve Muench
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xslt20req-20010214
> See the section "4. Must Simplify Grouping"
>                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> After scrutinizing the use cases, if any of your common
> grouping challenges are *NOT* reflected by one or more
> of these cases, please pipe up and let xsl-editors@w3.org
> know about your additional ones.

Not sure how to phrase it, but my need seems to have centred on
flat to structure issues.

The plain english requirement is 'give me all the elements up to but
excluding' the next <mark>

<template match="mark">
    for-each select all up to but excluding next mark
       do something with the element

Jeni Tennisons techniques work, but I don't find it straightforward.

Any assistance for the user would help here.

Regards DaveP