Re: a deficiency in xslt (xpath?)

Matthew Bentley wrote:

> Hi,
> I would recommend that in a future version of XSLT, allowance be made for
> expressions like 'select="(document//chapter)[last()]"'
> i.e select the last chapter element descendant of document.

I'm not sure I understand. This is already a legal XPath expression. All the
places in XSLT that have the "select" attribute can take an XPath Expression.
Perhaps he wants

    match="(document//chapter)[last()]"

for a match pattern in a template rule?  If so, I'd want to see a use case.

Regards,
 -- JeffC

Dr. Jeffrey L. Caruso <jcaruso@pageflexinc.com>
Pageflex, Inc.  215 First St.  Cambridge, MA 02142
(A Bitstream company)