XSLT browser issues

From: Mike Norton <MikeN@OrientalMotor.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 05:43:26 +0200
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Hello and thank you for your great work!!!

I have a question regarding the following namespace:

http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform <http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform>

When I use this, it works fine in MSIEv.6.0(Japanese), but in my own
browser, which MSIEv.5.50, it will not quite utilize thew powerful features
of XSLT, so I have had to change the namespace (and sacrifice functionality)
to:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl <http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl>

What am I doing wrong?  Is the former namespace (
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform <http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform>
) incompatible with MSIE5.5?

I hope you can help me resolve this and again, I appreciate your work

Repsectfully,

Michael A. Norton
Technical Writer
OM USA Corp.