RE: Semantics of "Local stylesheets"

The fact that something is in the requirements document doesn't mean that
the semantics have been worked out!

I think (personal view) that the requirement is for some kind of mechanism
to associate sets of template rules in the stylesheet with different source
documents, so when you do an xsl:apply-templates on a secondary source
document loaded using the document() function, a different set of template
rules is used than when processing the primary source document. Whether this
is done by making use of the <?xml-stylesheet?> processing instruction in
the loaded document, or by some other mechanism, is a completely open
question.

I hadn't thought of it in terms of applying a complete transformation to the
secondary document and then getting the result of that transformation, but
it might be one way of meeting the requirement.

Mike Kay