  From: w3c-xsl-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-xsl-wg-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Byington, Dale
  Sent: 10 April 2001 18:09
  To: 'xsl-editors@w3.org'
  Subject: Section 16.2 Proposed amendment, part two

  Due to some feedback I have received, I have slightly changed my position
on this issue. Instead of telling people to look specifically for the
"javascript:" prefix, the XSLT processor could have users place the
scripting extensions/prefixes that they use in a configuration file. The
processor would then only have to check for prefixes used by each individual
client, rather than search through a long list of possible prefixes. This
would greatly reduce the performance impact of such checking.