Re: FOP for financial reporting

Ron,
I see nothing in the sample table you mailed that could not be supported in
XSL. However, if you are using FOP, you should check further with the
authors/apache to see if any specific features you require are not
currently supported by FOP.

Unfortunatly, I do not have time to provide tutorials on how to use XSLT &
XSL-FOs. There are a number of books available, but your best option may be
to post your question on the xsl-list@mulberrytech.com. This is a public
forum discussing the usage of XSL & XSLT. The participants are quite
helpful in providing real-world answers to questions such as yours.

In order to limit spam, it is necessary to register to post questions to
this forum. Follow the instructions on www.mulberrytech.com for signing up
on the xsl-list.

---Stephen Deach

At 17:43 2000-11-15 -0500, Papka, Ron wrote:

>> I noticed you were one of the contributors to the XSL Working Draft.
>> From the documentation and from FO examples I downloaded from
>> the apache site, I am still uncertain as to whether FO tables are
>> currently suitable for generating relatively complex financial reports.
>>
>> I've enclosed a sample, and my question is:
>>
>> In your opinion, can fop be used to generate a PDF report such as the one
>> appearing in the attachment ?
>>
>> Your advise will be most appreciated.
>> Dr. Ron Papka
>>  <<report.pdf>>
>
>Attachment Converted: "C:\EUDORA\Attach\report.pdf"

---Steve Deach
   sdeach@adobe.com