Re: xsl:attribute inside xsl:if?

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM>
Date: 14 Aug 2000 12:22:44 -0400
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
CC: w3c-xsl-wg@w3.org
James asked me to send this issue to the xsl-editors list.

/ Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM> was heard to say:
| Is this supposed to be legitimate or not?

|       <xsl:if test="$nav.table.summary!=''">
|   	  <xsl:attribute name="summary">
|           <xsl:value-of select="$nav.table.summary"/>
| 	  </xsl:attribute>
|       </xsl:if>
|
| On the one hand, I can read the XSLT 1.0 spec very literally and
| decide that it isn't. On the other hand, it's really, really obvious
| what it means and really, really convenient.

At the telcon, James identified the more significant issue that the
content of xsl:if is a template and top-level xsl:attributes aren't
allowed in a template.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | Mankind are always happy for having been
XML Technology Center     | happy; so that if you make them happy now,