Re: feature request; id idref pairs

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:39:12 GMT
To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
CC: xsl-editors@w3.org

> Today I can't find the nodelist which calls any particular box.

appendix G says:
> a way to get back from an element to the elements that reference it
> (e.g. by IDREF attributes);

In the meantime you can do something like

select="//*[@idref=current()/@id]"

which is probably not very efficient, but quicker than waiting for
xslt 2. If you have some idea where the referencing elements are, and
can therefore use something other than //* it probably isn't too bad.

David