Re: New XSL working draft published

Stephen Deach writes:
 >   We added a 'region-name' property to all the fo:*-region definitions. So
 > you can name your footer region in the master for your odd-numbered pages
 > to 'odd-page-footer', the one in your master for the even-numbered pages to
 > 'even-page-footer', and the one in the master you use for the first page in
 > a page-sequence to 'first-page-footer'; then you create 3 static-content
 > objects and use the flow-name property to assign one static content to the
 > 'odd-page-footer', another to the 'even-page-footer', and the third to the
 > first-page-footer.

That sounds plausible to me, thank you. It would seem to take us
officially to the level FOP and PassiveTeX were at with _ad hoc_
extensions.

It does not, of course, deal with the general case where running heads
change depending on context but not necessarily at page boundaries. I
am sure you all know that, and I assume something to cope with this
will appear in the next draft??

Is the race now on to be the first to implement this draft of the
spec? does anyone volunteer to prepare a simple test document?

Sebastian