XSL FO: scaling graphics

In the last-call review meeting, we agreed to add this to the last-call
issues as an apparent bug in the specification.

>From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
>To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
>Subject: XSL FO: scaling graphics
>Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:48:47 +0100
>Sender: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
>
>Can someone advise me about scaling graphics in FO? Is the following right?
>
>a) I want the graphic a fixed size:
>
>  <fo:external-graphic src="foo" content-width="4in"/>
>
>b) I want a fixed width and height, and non-uniform scale:
>
>  <fo:external-graphic src="foo" scaling="non-uniform"
>        content-width="4in" content-height="4in"/>
>
>c) I want the graphic to occupy 80% of the width of the enclosing box:
>
>  <fo:external-graphic src="foo"  content-width="90%"/>
>
>d) I want the graphic scaled to 50% of its natural size
>
> ?????????????????
>

>I don't see a combination of properties which lets me express d). Any
suggestions?

>Sebastian Rahtz

This e-mail reflects the personal opinion of the author.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official opinion of the W3C XSL Working group.
  Stephen Deach                            |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)                    |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                       |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no ads)                |  345 Park Ave
-