RE: ex as a unit

From: Stephen Deach <sdeach@Adobe.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:28:30 -0700
To: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
Cc: xsl-editors@w3.org
Why wouldn't EM units work for this?

At 08:52 2000-04-17 +0100, Pawson, David wrote:
>Thanks for the detailed response. Logic accepted.
>
>Simple use-case need then.
>
>to present customer driven clear/large print, I only specify
>one base-font size in the XSLT stylesheet. All other sizes
>are derived from this by factoring up or down.
>This permits automated provision of documents to user
>specification ( I want 18 point please) dependant on
>their visual acuity at the time.
>
>I *had* been using a multiplier with ex unit to do this.
>
>Suggestions for a solution to my dilema?
>
>Regards, DaveP

This e-mail reflects the personal opinion of the author.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official opinion of the W3C XSL Working group.
  Stephen Deach                            |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)                    |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                       |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no ads)                |  345 Park Ave
-