xsl:stylesheet line

From: Rick Cannon <rick.cannon@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:09:20 -0500
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Cc: rick.cannon@jhuapl.edu
Hello...

When my XML file specifies:

    <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">,

what is actually happening?  What is being accessed?

I am trying to run IE5.0 on an intranet and am developing XML and XSL
files for viewing on IE5.0.  Unfortunately I do not (and will not) have
access
to the site "http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl" from this net.  Are there a
set of files that are available that I can put onto my intranet server?
I tried connecting to this site using ftp, but had no luck.  Any
information in this area would be very appreciated, even pointing me
into a better direction.

Thanks,
Rick Cannon
rick.cannon@jhuapl.edu