quote: in XSLT steps on URI scheme registry

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:34:34 -0500
To: xsl-editors@w3.org, ph@w3.org, vq@w3.org
"A namespace URI is quoted by prefixing it with the string quote:"
-- http://www.w3.org/1999/08/WD-xslt-19990813#literal-result-element

Huh? how can you tell whether
is a quoted namespace URI or just a URI using a new quote:
URI scheme? You'd have to reserve the quote: scheme in
the IETF URI scheme registry.

And I doubt they'd grant it to you. I'll certainly advise
them not to!

There are a few HTTP header fields defined (sort of) in the
HTML 4.0 spec, and I catch hell for that all the time. As
one of the people on the W3C/IETF fence, I can't afford for
this sort of thing to happen. I consider this an
absolute must-fix.

I suggest a solution ala

Re: Namespace and quote
James Clark (jjc@jclark.com)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:31:51 +0700
[member confidential, sorry]

except that in stead of mapping the prefixes:
	<xsl:map-namespace-uri from="qxsl" to="xsl"/>

you should assert a relationsihp between the URIs:

(using psuedo xlink/RDF syntax...)

	<xsl:quotes subject="http://anything-the-user-wants"

Dan Connolly, W3C