if()

From: Jess M Holle <jessh@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:15:59 -0400
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
This "features under consideration for future versions" would be truly
useful -now-.  It would make several items rather easy to implement
which are currently escaping me.

For instance, one could select external documents based on a sorted list
of preferred locales and put this in a xsl:stylesheet-level variable for
use throughout the stylesheet.  Currently it is not at all clear how to
accomplish this.  [I believe I shall insist on the most preferred locale
having a matching document for now.]