Re: moved page- urgent clarification needed

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:43:58 +0100
To: Renaud Bruyeron <renaud@w3.org>
CC: VIKRAM@cerner.com, webreq@w3.org, xsl-editors@w3.org

Renaud Bruyeron wrote:

> > From: Venkatasubramanian,Vikram [SMTP:VIKRAM@cerner.com]

> > According to the 16th Dec 1998 draft for XSL, the namespace for formatting
> > objects is at http://www.w3.org/TR/WE-xsl/FO

Its not "at" that URL; it *is* that URL.

The namespace is a globally uniqure identifier, using URLs to allow a
decentralised but unique namespace that anyone can use.

Namespace-aware applications ensure that two XML documents (which may
use different prefixes) are using the same namespace by comparing the
two URLs in the namespace declarations.

> > However, this site is not there on the W3C website. Pointing my browser to
> > it returns a page not found error.

There is nothing there, now was there ever anything there.

> I am not sure that this is actually a broken link:

correct, it is not.

--
Chris