First node in a node-set

From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@icl.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:13:13 +0100
To: "'xsl-editors@w3.org'" <xsl-editors@w3.org>
There are a number of places where we need to consider the "first node in a
node set" (and ignore the other nodes).

The most common is to obtain a string vale; section 6.2.5 explicitly states
that it is the first node of the node set in document order that is
required.

There are other places where this form of words is not used, for example the
definitions of the qname, local-part, namespace, and generate-id functions.
I assume this is an editorial omission and that "first node in a node set"
always implies first in document order.

Mike Kay