XSLT 4/21/1999 WD

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:18:54 -0400
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>
The new XSLT draft is terrific. It is a great step forward and we eagerly
await the merge with XPointer. A couple of points:

1) could xsl:include NOT be restricted to top-level instructions, this would
allow injection of an XML source tree into the processing chain, especially
useful when xsl:call'ing or binding params.

2) xsl:eval would 'reprocess' the generated tree fragment as xsl. so for
example, an
<xsl:eval>
	<xslquote:include>
	<xsl:attribute name="href"> ... generate URL here ... </xsl:attribute>
	</xslquote:include>
</xsl:eval>

I know xsl:eval conflicts with IE5 but this name best describes the intended
behavior.

Jonathan Borden
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net