XSL Feature Requests

From: Daniel Lipkin <DLIPKIN@us.oracle.com>
Date: 05 Oct 98 05:04:37 -0700
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Cc: DLIPKIN@us.oracle.com
I have two requests for features in XSL.  These features are
requirements for a project that uses XSL to generate
3D VRML content.  Please see

http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/dbwork/vrmlxml.html#Visualization

for details.

1.  The ability to specify the mime type of the target document.

2.  The ability to include another document as the content of
a template.  This is particularly useful for my application
because the VRML PROTO definitions can then be separated
into a different file.  An example of the syntax I would like
to be able to use:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:include href="protodefs.wrl"/>
  <xsl:process-children/>
</xsl:template>

Thank you.

-Daniel

Daniel Lipkin
Principal Technical Staff, Oracle Worlds
Internet Products Division
Oracle Corporation
(650) 506-3603
dlipkin@us.oracle.com