Property: external-graphic-id (clarification)

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CanadaMail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:24:21 -0400
To: XSL Editors <xsl-editors@w3.org>
This is the definition provided for a property:

external-graphic-id

     An id-specifier.

     Specifies the entity containing the external graphic
     or none if the graphic is instream.

     This property is not inherited and shall be specified.

The use of "containing" in the phrase "entity containing the external
graphic" implies to me the actual filename of the entity.

The use of "-id" in the property name implies to me the name of an <!ENTITY
declaration pointing to the actual filename in a SYSTEM identifier.

If it is the latter, how would one dereference the SYSTEM identifier for
the declaration for the given named entity?  If this is implicit, how is
the dreferencing information communicated in the result tree?

Can the wording be clarified to disambiguate what seems to me two
conflicting interpretations?

For now, I'll assume the former and assume there is no available function
for ENTITY SYSTEM identifier resolution.

Thanks!

--
G. Ken Holman               mailto:gkholman@CanadaMail.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/