Re: Public archive of comments?

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:09:34 +0200
To: Tony Graham <tgraham@mulberrytech.com>
CC: xsl-editors@w3.org
Tony Graham wrote:

> Is there a public archive of comments on the XSL Working Draft?

No

> Is is
> possible to know whether the same comment, e.g. pointing out a typo,
> has already been made?

No, just send them in anyway. But we are more interested in
higher-level comments - does the functionality meet the needs, is
something clearly explained or difficult to find, what do you want to do
that XSL doesn't let you do. Spellos can be dealy with later. Typos that
alter meaning, such as missing out the word "not" should of course be
reported ;-)

> Additionally, is there a line between comment on and discussion of the
> WD?  I have just sent a message to both xsl-editors@w3.org and to the
> XSL-List since I'm not sure how to make the distinction.

This list is being monitored by the XSL group. If someone has some
clearly stated criticisms or change requests and states them here
publically, that is fine. If someone wants to mail the xsl editors and
not make the comment public, do that instead.

If a large and rambling discussion were to take place and a pertinent
comment be made in the middle of it, then it might be missed and could
be sent to xsl editors to be sure of having it noticed. But this list
seems well focussed and with a high signal to noise level so I don't
anticipate that being a problem. So it comes down to public comment
versus non-public comment.

--
Chris Lilley, W3C                             http://www.w3.org/
Graphics and Stylesheets Guy      The World Wide Web Consortium