Re: Request for Step Proposals (Deadline: May 11)

On Fri, 2019-04-19 at 15:28 +0200, Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex wrote:
> We are also looking for RDF steps. Hans-Jürgen Rennau suggested that we
> support SPARQL for querying and SHACL for validation. Geert Bormans is
> currently collecting requirements for RDF steps. Please get in touch
> with him a couple days before May 11 so that he can consolidate the
> proposals.

I haven't worked in this area for years, but see my suggestions of 10+
years ago when I was thinking much more about it:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-comments/2008Aug/0024.html

A few years after that, I did build a rather large application with
xproc and rdf. It uses p:http-request to post sparql queries, receive
srx xml, and transform it in the pipeline with xslt. In that application
I did not need specialized rdf processing steps.

I don't recall any particular applications I had in mind when I
suggested those rdf steps in 2008, but I'm sure there are many untapped
opportunities in this area. Unfortunately, the impulse toward json-ld to
fill these needs will only make things more difficult and frustrating.

Regards,
--Paul