RE: implicit option connections

Hi Martin,

Nice syntactic sugar and might save you quite a lot of keystrokes. But my first reaction is:
* It goes against the normal programming paradigm of passing parameters to procedures/functions/methods and therefore makes the language harder to learn. Auto-passing options might also give surprising results if you're not aware of an option for some step
* There is a mechanism for passing in a whole bunch of parameters in one go in XProc 3: maps.

So given the excellent alternative I would at this moment advise against it to prevent making the language even more away of the mainstream than it already is.

Erik Siegel