Re: Data Virtualization

Hi Hank, welcome to this list !

In Prague, Achim has presented an embedded Morgana in a web container.
See
https://github.com/xproc/showroom/wiki/xmlprague2017#xproc-pipelines-at-the-heart-of-webapps

input and output pipeline ports must not be configured in the pipeline,
only declared. So, implementations may provide solution to connect a
stream as input or as output. Morgana has a recent feature to allow to
pipe to unix pipelines, so it is possible to connect to System.in or
System.out, and so you should connect to any [In|Out]putStream

XProc is a language, and is not bound to java specifically - even if the
two active implementations are written in Java. It is your
responsability to embed an implementation into a servlet container, but
it shouldn't be difficult.

Best regards,
Christophe