XQuery module URI resolver - Saxon configurer

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:25:31 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

In com.xmlcalabash.library.XQuery, there is the following lines (line
number + content):

/* 112 */ Configuration config =
runtime.getProcessor().getUnderlyingConfiguration();
/* 114 */ runtime.getConfigurer().getSaxonConfigurer().configXQuery(config);
/* 125 */ xqcomp.setModuleURIResolver(runtime.getResolver());

That means any module URI resolver set in the Saxon configurer is
silently overridden by Calabash.  It looks to me like tbe configurer
should be applied right before calling "compile()" on "xqcomp" (line
126).

At very least, if a module URI resolver already exists on the config
object, and the default resolver does not resolve to anything, the
original one should be tried.  But I really do not think that the
default resolver should override a resolver set explicitly by the
configurer.

http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2o.consulting/ - New website!