Re: Anchestor of p:library?

Achim Berndzen <achim.berndzen@xml-project.com> writes:
> reading the 1.0 specs again, I stumbled on this sentence:
>
> "If the p:library has no ancestors in the XProc namespace, then it
> must have a version attribute.“
> (https://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#p.library)
>
> How can a p:library have an ancestor (in XProc namespace)? Where is my mistake?

It can’t have ancestors in the XProc namespace, but it could have
ancestors in another namespace if it was embedded somewhere.

Imagine, http://example.com/framework.xml:

  <some-envelope>
    <instructions>
    </instructions>
  </some-envelope>

You could, in theory, I doubt its ever been tested in practice,
import that library thusly:

That’s what that sentence is for :-)

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer