Re: Venue of XProc Workshop

Achim Berndzen <achim.berndzen@xml-project.com> writes:
> I agree on your prediction, that Prague should be the venue this time.
> Will you ask Jirka for room or should I contact him?

I’ll ask Jirka.

> Concerning the „two-day question“: I am not quite sure what your entry
> on foodle means. You ticked 7th/8th „Yes", but 8th „No“. Does this
> mean you could join us on 7th, but not on 8th, so two days is not an
> option for you?

It wasn’t really clear what distinction was being made. I picked 7/8
to express a marginal preference for a two day meeting. I can do
either or both days.

> With regards to content, I think we should try to meet on two days to
> do some substantial work. As I said in my posting in the git hub wiki,
> I think we are now ready to do some detailed work on XProc 1.1 itself.
> As an aim for the workshop I propose to have the next version of the
> editor's drafts (the general one and the one concerning the step
> library).

That sounds like a laudable goal. A bit ambitious, perhaps, but…

> I would volunteer to do some work in advance, so we can make larger
> progress toward the next version of the editors draft. Geert said the
> same, so I think there may be enough input. May be we find some more
> volunteers, once we work on the details of the agenda.

Ok. I think this is a reasonable mailing list to use for discussions.
Let’s see if we can outline some high level goals for the next drafts.

> On the other hand: Prague is a very nice town. So if we are done in
> the early afternoon of day 2, we could enjoy the city.

Indeed.

Ok. I claim that this represents consensus for a two day meeting, 7/8
February, in Prague.

Any objections? :-)

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer