Re: Simple way to produce a message?

On 19/08/15 17:08, dvint@dvint.com wrote:
> I'm trying to debug my XPROC script. I'm looking for a way to produce a
> simple message that might have a variable result and such to follow the
> flow through my script. I'm not finding anything. The closes I came was
> error, but that stops the flow of the script.
>
> Any tricks or suggestions?
>
> ..dan

In addition to the other answer, the followings methods can be useful:
- Using the store step to store the complete input of a step or it's
output and use the identity step to recreate the input, output as needed.
- Using the --profile option of calabash which create a file with all
the step launched and the time it take, very useful to debug steps that
take long time to run.
- Using calabash debugging functionality is useful to debug crashing or
difficult bug. To add debug mode you need to add in the java command
-Dlog4j.configurationFile=configfile
Where configfile is a file with
<Configuration status="warn">
   <Appenders>
     <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_ERR">
       <PatternLayout pattern="%-5level: %msg%n" />
     </Console>
   </Appenders>
   <Loggers>
     <Logger name="com.xmlcalabash" level="trace" additivity="false">
       <AppenderRef ref="Console"/>
     </Logger>
     <Root level="error">
       <AppenderRef ref="Console" />