Re: Newbie question

One other suggestion: if at the end all you want is a zip file, you
might be able to do it all in the pipeline stream without serializing
anything to files.

Just arrange for a zip manifest and a sequence of documents to appear on
the appropriate input ports of a pxp:zip step. The hrefs of the
documents must match the hrefs in the manifest entries, and the entry
names in the manifest will determine the directory structure of the zip
archive. (At least that's what I guess based on the bit of documentation
for pxp:zip at http://exproc.org/proposed/steps/other.html, and my
understanding of java zip methods.)

Regards,
--Paul