Re: PipX, a portable library of XProc pipelines and steps

On 20 févr. 2014, at 16:30, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:

> On 20 February 2014 15:51, Romain Deltour wrote:
>
>> Had you listen to me instead of drinking your beer... I told you in Prague :P
>
>  I did both, and we discussed so many things and had so many beers :-)

Yeah, as you probably guessed I wasn't serious :) We certainly had good time there and a *lot* of interesting discussions!

>> You can have a look at some examples there:
>> https://github.com/daisy-consortium/xprocspec/tree/master/xprocspec/src/test/xprocspec/tests
>
>  Thank you, I'll give it a try later.
>
>> There's XProcDoc:
>> https://github.com/vojtechtoman/xprocdoc
>
>  Thank you.  I gave it a try and it fulfil the purpose, I think:
> http://pipx.org/api.

Cool!

>> But for a new project I would consider using something based on lightweight markup (AsciiDoc, Markdown), which is far easier to write for documentation than any HTML or custom XML.
>
>  Interesting approach.  That being said: 1) I would rather use
> something available in a first time, in order to get things started
> quick, and

very true.

> 2) I like the idea of having a more lightweight language to
> write text, but such approaches might prove themselves limited at some
> point, where having HTML is usually a good candidate.

FWIW I find that AsciiDoc is a good middle ground here as it provides support for complex stuff while still having a reasonably easy lightweight syntax.

Romain.