Re: Preserving the base URI through a p:xslt transformation

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think the
>> problem is that the p:xslt step then goes and implies a base-uri on
>> its own and its probably a bug but (assuming you are using calabash)
>> will let impl comment further.
>
> I don't think it's a bug: the previous steps in the pipeline touch the base URI of the *root element*, not the *document*. In other words, the base URI of the 'doc' document that is created inline is always the base URI of the XProc document throughout the pipeline.

sure agreed … I meant more in the respect that this scenario is
overcomplicated and does not reflect author intent … its something we
should look to address vnext

> This is one of the reasons why I once suggested a step to set a document's base URI. It seems that an XSLT identity with a output-base-uri option would do the job (albeit less readable) – but it doesn't seem to work in Calabash.

I think more words as errata would be useful for v1 … I think a new
p:document-uri step that has been suggested by a few is a good
candidate for a note.