Re: Proposed steps: pxp:gunzip and pxp:gzip

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:43:51 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
On 28 January 2013 17:53, Norman Walsh wrote:

  Hi,

> So your preference would be a pxp:archive step that could perform gzip,
> compress, bzip2, etc. and a pxp:unarchive step that did the reverse?

  I am not the biggest fan of that approach, but it is also the one
followed by the editors of the EXPath Archive module (to replace the
ZIP module):

    http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Archive_Module

  It has the benefit of being able to attach the format to the archive
descriptor, as data.

http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/