Re: calling for xproc pain points, requested features, etc

Geert Josten <geert.josten@dayon.nl> writes:
> (sorry, meant to sent this to the list)

That's an interesting idea. I'm not opposing it, but I think we also need to
keep an eye on how many "ad hoc" syntactic shortcuts we add to the language.
There's tension between keeping everything completely regular and consistent
vs. adopting every shortcut imaginable.

I have some concern that a story which says this is valid:

but this is not

and that it has to be rewritten this way:

is confusing. OTOH, this clearly has to be forbidden:

Just a few thoughts...

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation