Re: vCard output from XProc?

From: Zearin <zearin@gonk.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:35:32 -0400
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
To: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
On Aug 20, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:
> Your stylesheet is probably returning text, not XML.

Correct.  VCards are text.

(MIME type is text/vcard for version 3, which I’m using.)

> The usual
> workaround is simply to represent text as... an XML element containing
> the text (see e.g. usage of c:data and c:result in the spec).  If you
> can't (or don't want to) modify your original stylesheet, you can
> always have an inline stylesheet importing the original one and
> overriding the main template to wrap the result into a c:data element.

Thanks for sharing the workaround. ☺

Unfortunately…it isn’t an option for me.  ☹

The entire purpose is to produce non-XML output for other programs to use.  And those programs accept VCards—not an XML wrapper containing VCards.

If I went this route, then I would need to figure out another workaround for this workaround. :P