EXProc ZIP content representation

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:26:57 +0200
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
  Hi,

  From http://exproc.org/proposed/steps/other.html#zip, I try to
understand how to create a ZIP file including both files from the
filesystem and XML documents generated in the pipeline itself.

  I guess documents generated should be passed on the port "source",
but I am not sure how to relate them to the corresponding "entry"
elements on the port "manifest".

  Any idea?  Did I miss something?

  BTW, I don't undesrtand why the entries are represented as a flat
list, instead of a tree of dirs and files.  The entry names in a ZIP
file are a flattened view of what they represent: a tree structure.
Wouldn't it make more sense to represent it in XML?  That's what we
have in the EXPath ZIP functions <http://expath.org/spec/zip> for
instance, and IMHO it is way easier to use with XML technologies
(naturally tree-oriented).

http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/