Re: sequence of filtered documents as input of p:xslt

> - should I iterate the <object> elements within the XHTML doc and
> then getting the svg document as input

That's what I would do.

> (...)
> tokenize(@data,'/')[last()] ))">
> (...)

The select expression is applied to the document connected on the
input port. What you rather want here is to load the SVG documents
using a dynamically computed URI, which is then connected to the
primary input port of the XSLT. You can do that with p:load, e.g.:

tokenize(@data,'/')[last()])"/>

To summarize, the workflow would be:

p:for-each (iterate the objects)
   p:load (load the document after having computed the URI)
   p:xslt

Hope this helps,
Romain.