Re: Shadowing of variables..

From: Chris Maloney <voldrani@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:29:39 -0500
To: Geert Josten <geert.josten@dayon.nl>
Cc: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>, vojtech.toman@emc.com, xproc-dev@w3.org
FWIW,
I agree with Florent, and would vote against it.  Especially when
considering newer programmers, or programmers who come from an imperative
programming background, immutable variables (variables that don't vary) can
be confusing.  Allowing them to redefine (shadow) an immutable variable
just makes it all the more so.  I think enforcing each variable to have a
unique name within the same scope would be in keeping with the nature of
this programming paradyme, and would help to reduce bugs, and make bugs
that do occur easier to find.
Just my two cents.
Cheers!