Re: Initialize a variable with a parameter port

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:29:49 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Geert Josten <geert.josten@dayon.nl> writes:
> Actually, I don't really understand why the parameters port is returning a
> sequence at all. Can anyone give a use case for that? I was kinda
> surprised it isn't normalized with a p:parameters under the hood by
> default..

It's a sequence because you might bind several documents to it. You
could have several parameter ports and be combining them all together
for one step.

The processor could be required to normalize them to a single
c:parameter-set, I suppose, but we didn't write it that way.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676