RE: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

From: Geert Josten <geert.josten@dayon.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:26:33 +0100
To: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Let me try to recap and rephrase, in attempt to make my point clearer..

I'd say ideally you would want a step to send mail, something like
xx:send-mail. MIME encoding, packaging, adding attachments properly, and
sending it over the wire in such a way that it is understood by the
receiver, and all that could very well be complicated I agree. But should
the one writing the xx:send-mail, or the one using it indirectly in some
way, care about the technical fuss?

Not sure I understood Norm correctly, it sounded a bit like using
p:http-request to send the message. But that would indeed imply that the
developer would have to dig deep into MIME to make it work, while I think
there are plenty libraries available out there, that could do the hard
work for you.. ;-)

Stop glueing, start coding.. ;-)

Grtz