Having trouble getting a max( ) value

From: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:38:21 +0000
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

So I want to start off a pipeline by getting a maximum value to use later on
in the process via the following max(//page/id) which works in oxygen as an
xpath on the input file returning a value around 15000. I've verified the
correct input file is loading. In the following code however the value
returned is a zero length string. So what am I doing wrong?

select="$hrefFullWikiDumpInputToGetMaxIDValue"/>

length string

Secondly when I put the variable within the p:group I get the following
error using Oxygen XML Editor 12.1, build 2011011116

E [Calabash XProc] Unexpected step name: p:variableUnexpected step name:
p:variable.

select="$hrefFullWikiDumpInputToGetMaxIDValue"/>

Is that normal? (hmm..I almost recall this may have already been talked
about on the list, sorry if that's the case)

Regards

--
Alex Muir
Instructor