From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Adina Gupta
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:26 PM
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Subject: How to add more transports/protocols to XProc?

Hi!

I'm wondering how could I use XProc to form a workflow to do things that are not directly related to XML or the kind. For example, Calling SQL queries/stored procedures, communication over plain udp/tcp sockets etc.

More precisely my workflow would be to couple a few sql select queries, a few stored procedure calls and then based on the output plug some sockets and write/read data over them, transform the response and that's it return an output XML.

Is it possible? If yes then what's the best way of writing connectors for such transports? An extension step or may be something else?

Adina