How to add more transports/protocols to XProc?

From: Adina Gupta <adina.gupta85@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 00:25:40 +0500
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Hi!

I'm wondering how could I use XProc to form a workflow to do things that are
not directly related to XML or the kind. For example, Calling SQL
queries/stored procedures, communication over plain udp/tcp sockets etc.

More precisely my workflow would be to couple a few sql select queries, a
few stored procedure calls and then based on the output plug some sockets
and write/read data over them, transform the response and that's it return
an output XML.

Is it possible? If yes then what's the best way of writing connectors for
such transports? An extension step or may be something else?

Adina