W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xproc-dev@w3.org > July 2011

RE: Trouble configuring custom extension in xmlcalabash

From: Geert Josten <geert.josten@daidalos.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:12:55 +0200
To: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@gmail.com>
CC: "XProc Dev (xproc-dev@w3.org)" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Message-ID: <B26C615F8546A84C81165A7BC8BE61A020F39D7D31@EXMBXC01.ms-hosting.nl>
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your time!

You are right, I didn't edit extension-library.xml within calabash.jar, but I did declare the step in a library of my own which I thought would suffice. Doesn't it? It essentially comes down to this:

<p:library version="1.0"
               xmlns:p="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc"
               xmlns:ut="http://grtjn.nl/ns/xproc/util">

               <p:declare-step type="ut:env">
                              <p:output port="result"/>
               </p:declare-step>

</p:library>

I also didn't edit the configuration.xml within calabash.jar, but provided my own one on the command-line, containing this:

<xproc-config xmlns="http://xmlcalabash.com/ns/configuration"
                     xmlns:p="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc"
                     xmlns:ut="http://grtjn.nl/ns/xproc/util">

<implementation type="ut:env"
                              class-name="nl.grtjn.xproc.util.osutils.Env"/>

</xproc-config>

These two bits don't seem to be the problem, though. I can use <ut:env/> within my pipes, and it knows it should look for the class nl.grtjn.xproc.util.osutils.Env. And I am certain it is added properly to my own jar, as when I use the same jar command to add it to calabash.jar it all works. It just doesn't work when I have the class in a separate jar and pass it to java as follows:

java -cp lib\grtjn-xproc-utils.jar -Dcom.xmlcalabash.phonehome=false -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -jar lib\calabash.jar -D -c lib/configuration.xml -i source=%INPUTFILE% src\nl\grtjn\xproc\ebook\main.xpl

I would rather not rely on a patched or self-compiled calabash. I would prefer just providing a separate jar and config to make it work. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Kind regards,
Geert

Van: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] Namens Alex Muir
Verzonden: donderdag 21 juli 2011 1:24
Aan: Geert Josten
CC: XProc Dev (xproc-dev@w3.org)
Onderwerp: Re: Trouble configuring custom extension in xmlcalabash

Well you didn't mention editing extension-library.xml

Given a new step created I edited 2 files like follows

1. extension-library.xml

<p:declare-step type="mh:StoreAsText" version="1.0">
    <p:input port="source"/>
    <p:output port="result" primary="false"/>
    <p:option name="href" required="true" cx:type="xsd:anyURI"/>
    <p:option name="version" select="'1.0'" cx:type="xsd:string"/>
  </p:declare-step>


 2. configuration.xml

<implementation type="mh:StoreAsText"
  class-name="com.xmlcalabash.extensions.StoreAsText"/>


--
Alex Muir
Instructor | Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work Experience Building
University of the Gambia
http://sites.utg.edu.gm/alex/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>

Low budget software development benefiting development in the Gambia, West Africa
Experience of a lifetime, come to Gambia and Join UTSWEB - http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
Received on Thursday, 21 July 2011 06:13:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 21 July 2011 06:13:36 GMT