W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xproc-dev@w3.org > July 2011

RE: cx:zip issue...

From: Geert Josten <geert.josten@daidalos.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:44:22 +0200
To: Nic Gibson <nicg@corbas.net>
CC: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Message-ID: <B26C615F8546A84C81165A7BC8BE61A020F39D7C9B@EXMBXC01.ms-hosting.nl>
Hi Nic,

I'd be interested to learn them. Haven't had trouble using cx:zip otherwise myself, but I could run into that later on.

I did notice p:exec is quite picky with the command url too. Backslashes seem to behave as escape characters as well, not what I would have expected. The result is some weird exception, without further clues. I probably should file a bug report, haven't gotten around doing so..

Kind regards,
Geert 

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Nic Gibson [mailto:nicg@corbas.net] 
Verzonden: woensdag 20 juli 2011 17:31
Aan: Geert Josten
CC: XProc Dev
Onderwerp: Re: cx:zip issue...

Hi Geert

Thanks. 

I eventually worked it out myself (and found the bug report). I've got a couple of other issues that might be worth raising about zips - will see if I can work out obvious test cases.

nic
--
On 18 Jul 2011, at 17:51, Geert Josten wrote:

> Hi Nic,
> 
> I ran across the same issue as soon as I started using resolve-uri to make the path to the output file absolute. That gave me the idea that the problem might be that cx:zip href attribute isn't expecting a uri to be passed in. Stripping off 'file:/+' and replacing '%20' by space did the trick for me. Not fail save, but good enough to get going..
> 
> Kind regards,
> Geert  
> 
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] Namens Nic Gibson
> Verzonden: vrijdag 8 juli 2011 11:18
> Aan: XProc Dev
> Onderwerp: Re: cx:zip issue...
> 
> To partially answer my own question, the failure only happens when the value passed in as the epub-file option is a bare filename.  Any path (even a relative one) works.
> Anyone know why?
> 
> nic
> 
> On 7 Jul 2011, at 17:15, Nic Gibson wrote:
> 
>> Hi all
>> 
>> I'm fairly certain I've done something obviously stupid that I'm overlooking here so feel free to poke me and tell me...
>> 
>> I'm experimenting with the cx:zip step to create epub files.  As a simple first step, I'm trying to create an epub file with just the stored mimetype file and nothing else. I've got the following xproc (ng-library.xpl is just a subset of Norm's library-1.0.xpl):
>> 
> --
> 
> Nic Gibson
> Corbas Consulting
> Digital Publishing Consultancy and Training
> http://www.corbas.co.uk, +44 (0)7718 906817	
> 	
> 
> 

Nic Gibson
Corbas Consulting
Digital Publishing Consultancy and Training
http://www.corbas.co.uk, +44 (0)7718 906817	
	
Received on Wednesday, 20 July 2011 15:44:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 15:44:58 GMT