W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xproc-dev@w3.org > July 2011

Re: Trouble getting calabash to run with saxon EE

From: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:07:45 +0000
Message-ID: <CAFtPEJYic-_xEE0BjPX4vh4MkyL1+C4cUN=iK-eZ4rExjaZJDA@mail.gmail.com>
To: dlee@calldei.com
Cc: Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Ahhh too simple...

-a, --schema-aware                   Turn on schema-aware processing

java -classpath saxon9ee.jar:calabash.jar  com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main -a
Test-Saxon-DisplayVersion.xpl

result
product-version="EE 9.3.0.5"

I'm actually interested in the Advanced Optimizer rather than the schema
awareness but hope this speeds up the process on some larger files.

Thanks Much

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM, David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> wrote:

> Its possible that calabash doesn’t initialize the processor properly ?****
>
> There is a flag to use when using EE****
>
> ** **
>
>    public *Processor*(boolean schemaAware)****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Not sure if this would cause it to report HE instead of EE****
>
> ** **
>
> Also  does Calabash.jar have a MANIFEST.INF file in it ? Those can throw
> you off.****
>
> Make sure you totally remove saxon9he.jar from anywhere that might be
> possibly picked up ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ----------------------------------------****
>
> David A. Lee****
>
> dlee@calldei.com****
>
> http://www.xmlsh.org****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Alex Muir
> *Sent:* Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:26 AM
> *To:* Leif Warner
> *Cc:* XProc Dev
> *Subject:* Re: Trouble getting calabash to run with saxon EE****
>
> ** **
>
> Hi Leif,
>
> Okay trying this from the command line
>
>  java -classpath saxon9ee.jar:calabash.jar com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main
> Test-Saxon-DisplayVersion.xpl
>
> product-version="HE 9.3.0.5"
>
> Whereas
> java -jar saxon9ee.jar -it:start -xsl:Test-Saxon-DisplayVersion.xsl
>
> product-version="EE 9.3.0.5
>
> I did build the version of calabash I'm running through eclipse adding some
> custom steps. Do I need to include the license in the classpath in eclipse
> when building it? I did that now just to test the possibility but it didn't
> affect the result but I could be doing that wrong if it's needed.
>
> Thoughts?
> Thanks
>
> ****
>
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com> wrote:*
> ***
>
> You're putting the previous classpath first in that.****
>
> For most steps, you only need the saxon and calabash jars.****
>
> ** **
>
> Why not just try java
> -classpath /mnt/xslt_volume/i4EnrichV4/resources/libs/saxon9ee.jar:/mnt/xslt_volume/i4EnrichV4/resources/libs/calabash.jar com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Also, you can either export the CLASSPATH environment variable, or pass it
> with the -classpath or -cp option.  You don't need to do both, the CLASSPATH
> environment variable gets ignored when you set the classpath with
> -classpath.  This script looks way too complicated.****
>
> -Leif****
>
> ** **
>
> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@gmail.com> wrote:**
> **
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling for some reason to get Calabash to run with saxonEE.
>
> I've got the following files including the license file in a directory
>
> apache-solr-solrj-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
> calabash.jar
> commons-codec-1.3.jar
> commons-codec-1.4.jar
> commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> deltaxml.jar
> htmlcleaner-2.2.jar
> isorelax.jar
> jing.jar
> junit.jar
> metadata-extractor-2.3.1.jar
> msv.jar
> mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar
> saxon-aelfred.jar
> saxon-license.lic
> saxon9ee-qc.jar
> saxon9ee.jar
> setup-4.18-20100322-personal.jar
> tagsoup-1.2.jar
> Test-run-calabash.bat
> Test-Saxon-DisplayVersion.xpl
> Test-Saxon-DisplayVersion.xsl
> xcc.jar
> xep.jar
> xmlunit-1.3.jar
>
> And the following run-calabash.sh file to execute the process
>
> oldPath=$PATH
> oldCLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH
>
> CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:/mnt/xslt_volume/i4EnrichV4/resources/libs/*"
> export CLASSPATH
>
> java -Xmx2512m -Xss8096k -verbose  -classpath $CLASSPATH
> -Dcom.xmlcalabash.phonehome=false
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties
> com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main $1 1>> $2 2>&1
>
> path="$oldPath"
> export path
>
> CLASSPATH="$oldCLASSPATH"
> export CLASSPATH
>
>
> When I run a small xsl file that outputs product-version using saxonEE
> directly from that directory the product-version="EE 9.3.0.5" however when I
> run the same xsl file via an xproc p:xslt through calabash 0.9.32 I get the
> product-version="HE 9.3.0.5"
>
> So is there a setting I'm missing. I've been searching a while for what
> could be fixed online but to no avail.
>
> Let me know your thoughts
> Regards
>
>
>
>
> -- ****
>
> Alex Muir
> Instructor | Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work
> Experience Building
> http://sites.utg.edu.gm/alex/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
>
> Come to Gambia, Join UTSWEB
> http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
> ****
>
>
>
> ****
>
> ** **
>
>
>
>
> -- ****
>
> Alex Muir
> Instructor | Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work
> Experience Building
> http://sites.utg.edu.gm/alex/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
>
> Come to Gambia, Join UTSWEB
> http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
> ****
>
>
>
> ****
>



-- 
Alex Muir
Instructor | Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work
Experience Building
http://sites.utg.edu.gm/alex/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>

Come to Gambia, Join UTSWEB
http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/<https://sites.google.com/a/utg.edu.gm/utsweb/>
Received on Sunday, 10 July 2011 14:08:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 10 July 2011 14:08:13 GMT